Monday, February 12, 2007

My Buddha & The Secret...

On our last visit to the Bay Area around the holidays, my good friend Anthony, gave me a video to watch. It's a new Australian production called "The Secret". The DVD is all about how we each are able to create whatever we want in life and that we have this incredible power that most people don't fully recognize. After watching it (three times), i became completely inspired. In a nutshell it tells us that the messages we send out into the universe through our thoughts and feelings will shape our lives. That we attract the things that we think about and that we can have anything we desire by simply putting our thoughts and feelings into it. We often spend time thinking about the things we don't want. This is a new approach to thinking about the things we do want and to feel what it feels like to have those things. There are these really simple practices that help you to obtain your goals. One of the practices is to remind yourself each day of all the things you're grateful for.

In The Secret there's a story about a man who has a "gratitude rock" and it's simply a rock that he found that he keeps with him in his pocket where ever he goes. At night when he empties his pockets, there's the rock and a reminder to think of all the things he's grateful for. In the morning when he goes to get his keys there's the rock again and so are his feelings of gratitude. The concept is that when you recognize the things that you are glad that you have, you'll attract more of the same. So, on this trip one of the little things that I'm having fun with is my miniature Buddha that i keep with me at all times. He's my Buddha of Gratitude. I've been taking pictures of him all over Thailand and he's there each morning and night to remind me of the things I'm thankful for. As a matter of fact, he's actually sitting at my keyboard right now watching me as i type ;-) .

My Buddha of Gratitude.

"The Secret" might not be ground shaking material for a lot of people and the concepts presented in the DVD seem simple, but the message is so powerful that you can't help but get totally psyched and excited. There's a website where you can view the video online and I'd be happy to share the video with anyone who wants to see it when i return. Here's the site: "The Secret"

I've been trying to get into a morning practice that involves reminding myself of the things that I'm grateful for and to really put my thoughts and feelings toward the things that I want to create in my life. My goals, my aspirations, my affirmations, etc. If you're reading this, there's a good chance that you're in my thoughts each morning as my friends and family are the things that I'm most thankful for.

The other component of my morning practice is to get my body physically in better shape. My daily routine includes sit ups and push-ups, and I'm planning to build that up and add running to my program as soon as I can. So, I hope to come back to the states with a healthy mind, body and soul.

I've also been reading (shocking i know). I just finished a book called "The Number" by Lee Eisenberg that is all about preparing yourself financially for your post working years (retirement). I'm reading a book on video editing so that i can sharpen my skills as well.

So, I guess this was all just sharing some of the daily things that happen for me on this trip outside of all of our exploring. Can't wait to see you all again soon.

Love,

Max

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your buddha reminds me of the gnome in Amelie. "The Secret" was recently featured on Oprah. Everyone's talking about it. : )

Amy said...

I love you guys! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm all over it!

Gabe said...

man i love hearing about the travels. it's such a unique zone... reading books, hanging on beaches, trippin on what "caters" to tourists (loud parties)... i gotta say, regarding the secret, i have been hearing about it for a while and am glad that these concepts are getting some oprah and max play. i haven't watched it yet, but shoots brah, i was pushing gratitude as manifestation magic at bman in 2003 with the cherish tree.