Thursday, March 13, 2008

We're home now...

It's almost 4am. I've got baby on my shoulder and we're sitting in a
glider (thx edie) rocking back and forth. Swadled girl in my left
hand, iPhone in my right and I'm typing away hoping the battery won't
die before I send this to the blog.
We got home safely weds afternoon and it feels great to be back in the
comfort of our own space. Erica had cleaned our house from the crazy
labor so we walked in to a fresh new home. What a gift! Just another
incredible thing she's done to help us out. Thx erica again and again!
The day has been challenging for us. Baby's gotten really good at
crying at the top of her little lungs and isn't eating as easily as
she did the first two days. We're all learning how to do all this
stuff but it's never fun to have a baby crying so hard and feel like
you don't know exactly why. We're getting it but it's been a little
trying especially since we're both so tired.
Maggie's doing great despite being tired and really sore. I read her
all of your emails and 'comments' throughout the labor and delivery
but she's had time now to go back and read them herself. You all are
so cool. Your support REALLY made a difference and we love you for that.
Okay, battery's almost dead and my thumb is getting tired. We'll be in
touch soon.

M

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Obviously I have no first hand experience so I'll pass along wisdom from Diana who is on baby #2 - She says the hardest thing about the first child is that you don't know what you're doing and you think you've signed up for years of whatever the baby is doing right then (crying, not sleeping, etc). You learn, however, that everything is stage and does indeed have an endpoint. You figure things out. She'll figure things out. And, one day, you'll sleep again.

Eric Rubin said...

i hope you guys are taking notes cause andy and i are clueless....

Unknown said...

One thing I'll offer up: when it's 3(or 4)am and Mommy is breastfeeding and possibly feeling a little rundown - ice cream (or red wine) are your FRIENDS. Don't forget about simple pleasures and their power to calm and soothe. Run and fetch some, Daddy. It's the least you can do, seeing as how you can't produce milk.

Shannon said...

I can't stop checking Doggertime and I am so pleased to keep finding more photos and stories. Your story is beautiful and you all look glowing and happy even though I know it doesn't always feel that way. I am sending lots of love as always and can't wait to come meet baby girl when the time is right. Please let me know if you need anything. Sweet magical baby love, fern

Eric Rubin said...

i am addicted to Doggertime